TOMAH, WI - The Tomah Police Department closed the southbound lane of the 100 block of N. Superior Ave. after a significant of hydraulic fluid leaked from a dump truck after a crash.
Police say the Tomah Fire Department responded to the incident at about 5:20 Thursday morning and was able to contain the spill to prevent the hydraulic fluid from entering a nearby storm drain.
About 200 feet of the outside southbound lane was closed for several hours so crews from the Monroe County Haz-Mat team could clean up the spill.
Tomah police say drivers should be careful in the area because of the lane closure. The road may be slick form the hydraulic fluid.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US