LA CROSSE, WI - The Hunger Task Force of La Crosse held an open house at its new warehouse on La Crosse's north side, at 1240 Clinton Street.
The space is more than five times bigger than its previous location, which will help the food bank deliver more than three quarters of a million pounds of food every year.
"There were actually times we had to turn away food donations because we couldn't manage them in the space that we have, so now with this added capability we can so much better serve our partner programs and also the community," said Hunger Task Force Board President Nancy Fee.
The Hunger Task Force has been serving our area for 16 years.22611078
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests