LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hunger Task Force of La Crosse will receive a refrigerated delivery truck on Thursday afternoon from Dahl Automotive.
The organization collects food for 60 meal sites and pantries in La Crosse, Vernon, Trempealeau and Monroe Counties. In 2012, the Hunger Task Force distributed more than 863,000 pounds of food.
"There aren't words to express our gratitude to Dahl Automotive and the Dahl Family for presenting the Hunger Task Force with this vehicle," Hunger Task Force Board of Directors President said in a statement. "The thousands of people who are served by our 60 partner meal programs and food pantries will all benefit from our increased capability to recover and distribute more food."
"Dahl has been part of this community for five generations and we're proud to be able to help an organization that is so instrumental in serving our community," Tyler Dahl, General Manger of Dahl Automotive, said in a statement.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota