LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hunger Task Force of La Crosse will receive a refrigerated delivery truck on Thursday afternoon from Dahl Automotive.
The organization collects food for 60 meal sites and pantries in La Crosse, Vernon, Trempealeau and Monroe Counties. In 2012, the Hunger Task Force distributed more than 863,000 pounds of food.
"There aren't words to express our gratitude to Dahl Automotive and the Dahl Family for presenting the Hunger Task Force with this vehicle," Hunger Task Force Board of Directors President said in a statement. "The thousands of people who are served by our 60 partner meal programs and food pantries will all benefit from our increased capability to recover and distribute more food."
"Dahl has been part of this community for five generations and we're proud to be able to help an organization that is so instrumental in serving our community," Tyler Dahl, General Manger of Dahl Automotive, said in a statement.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration