LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hunger Task Force of La Crosse will receive a refrigerated delivery truck on Thursday afternoon from Dahl Automotive.
The organization collects food for 60 meal sites and pantries in La Crosse, Vernon, Trempealeau and Monroe Counties. In 2012, the Hunger Task Force distributed more than 863,000 pounds of food.
"There aren't words to express our gratitude to Dahl Automotive and the Dahl Family for presenting the Hunger Task Force with this vehicle," Hunger Task Force Board of Directors President said in a statement. "The thousands of people who are served by our 60 partner meal programs and food pantries will all benefit from our increased capability to recover and distribute more food."
"Dahl has been part of this community for five generations and we're proud to be able to help an organization that is so instrumental in serving our community," Tyler Dahl, General Manger of Dahl Automotive, said in a statement.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- Biometric screening speeds check-in at Twin Cities airport
- U of Minnesota law professor charged with sex assault
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary