LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hunger Task Force of La Crosse will receive a refrigerated delivery truck on Thursday afternoon from Dahl Automotive.
The organization collects food for 60 meal sites and pantries in La Crosse, Vernon, Trempealeau and Monroe Counties. In 2012, the Hunger Task Force distributed more than 863,000 pounds of food.
"There aren't words to express our gratitude to Dahl Automotive and the Dahl Family for presenting the Hunger Task Force with this vehicle," Hunger Task Force Board of Directors President said in a statement. "The thousands of people who are served by our 60 partner meal programs and food pantries will all benefit from our increased capability to recover and distribute more food."
"Dahl has been part of this community for five generations and we're proud to be able to help an organization that is so instrumental in serving our community," Tyler Dahl, General Manger of Dahl Automotive, said in a statement.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases