MADISON, Wis. - The names of five fallen police officers have been added to the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Memorial.
Law enforcement agencies and hundreds of people from across Wisconsin gathered at the state Capitol Friday to honor the newly enshrined officers.
WISC-TV reports one of those officers was Jennifer Sebena of Wauwatosa, who was shot to death while on patrol Christmas Eve. Her husband is being held in her death.
Also added were the names of Milwaukee County sheriff's deputies William Wank, shot in 1915 while chasing two fugitives in a train yard; Frank Heup, whose motorcycle crashed into a buggy in 1915 during a pursuit; George Pazik, whose motorcycle crashed into a streetcar in 1917 during another pursuit; and Sergio Aleman, who crashed into a wrecker on Interstate 43 last year.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US