MILWAUKEE (AP) -- - Hundreds of friends and fans have gathered in Milwaukee to remember Rick Majerus, the college basketball coach who recently died of heart failure at age 64.
A Salt Lake Tribune report says former player Al Jensen was among those who remembered Majerus on Saturday as a demanding coach and loyal friend.
Majerus had a 25-year record of 517-216, with 15 20-win seasons and two 30-win seasons. He led Utah to the NCAA finals in 1998, and he also coached at Marquette, Ball State and Saint Louis University.
Saint Louis' 15 current players were listed as official pallbearers. About a dozen former Utah players attended the service, including Keith Van Horn, Andre Miller and Michael Doleac.
Also attending were NBA figures George Karl, Doc Rivers and Del Harris.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies