MILWAUKEE (AP) -- - Hundreds of friends and fans have gathered in Milwaukee to remember Rick Majerus, the college basketball coach who recently died of heart failure at age 64.
A Salt Lake Tribune report says former player Al Jensen was among those who remembered Majerus on Saturday as a demanding coach and loyal friend.
Majerus had a 25-year record of 517-216, with 15 20-win seasons and two 30-win seasons. He led Utah to the NCAA finals in 1998, and he also coached at Marquette, Ball State and Saint Louis University.
Saint Louis' 15 current players were listed as official pallbearers. About a dozen former Utah players attended the service, including Keith Van Horn, Andre Miller and Michael Doleac.
Also attending were NBA figures George Karl, Doc Rivers and Del Harris.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing