LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Hundreds of students in La Crosse took to the stage Tuesday night for the "All City String Festival."
The annual event at the La Crosse Center featured about 500 student musicians from 5th through 12th grade. It also featured performers from more than a dozen schools.
Organizers say it's a great opportunity for parents to see how their children have grown as musicians. "Parents of 5th graders who weren't in orchestra themselves get to hear where their kids are headed, and those parents of high school kids get to remember what it was like to have a 5th grader and what it sounded like to have that student at home as a youngster," said the district's Fine Arts Coordinator Steve Michaels.
It was the district's 30th year holding the concert.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center