LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Hundreds of students in La Crosse took to the stage Tuesday night for the "All City String Festival."
The annual event at the La Crosse Center featured about 500 student musicians from 5th through 12th grade. It also featured performers from more than a dozen schools.
Organizers say it's a great opportunity for parents to see how their children have grown as musicians. "Parents of 5th graders who weren't in orchestra themselves get to hear where their kids are headed, and those parents of high school kids get to remember what it was like to have a 5th grader and what it sounded like to have that student at home as a youngster," said the district's Fine Arts Coordinator Steve Michaels.
It was the district's 30th year holding the concert.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Injured men flee car crash, one dies