ONALASKA, Wis. - Many people had to scrape off their cars Friday morning, but imagine having to scrape off hundreds of cars.
That was the case for car dealerships all over the area.
Dahl Auto in Onalaska had about 170 cars on their to clear off today
The process takes between two and three hours and includes everyone from sales and lot attendants to managers. Being a car dealer in Wisconsin, they have to deal with all kinds of snowfall.19048114
"The heavy snow is the worst," said Vinnie Pontius, Dahl Auto general manager. "It's trying to figure out where to put it all, get it moved, and then that's usually the toughest, getting it off the cars, I mean the ice is not fun at all either. The fluffy snow is not too bad, it moves pretty quick."
It's not just clearing cars. They also have the plow the lot, which means each car has to be moved to make way for the plow.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture