ONALASKA, Wis. - Many people had to scrape off their cars Friday morning, but imagine having to scrape off hundreds of cars.
That was the case for car dealerships all over the area.
Dahl Auto in Onalaska had about 170 cars on their to clear off today
The process takes between two and three hours and includes everyone from sales and lot attendants to managers. Being a car dealer in Wisconsin, they have to deal with all kinds of snowfall.19048114
"The heavy snow is the worst," said Vinnie Pontius, Dahl Auto general manager. "It's trying to figure out where to put it all, get it moved, and then that's usually the toughest, getting it off the cars, I mean the ice is not fun at all either. The fluffy snow is not too bad, it moves pretty quick."
It's not just clearing cars. They also have the plow the lot, which means each car has to be moved to make way for the plow.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks