LA CROSSE, Wis. - A number of area families took advantage of Wednesday's great weather to walk to school.
As part of International Walk to School Day, schools organized groups to walk together. That includes a group from Powell Park to Hamilton and SOTA 1 with Mayor Matt Harter.
It brought a lot of families together who usually don't walk to school. "We're walking today because a group from SOTA and Hamilton are walking together, so we thought it would be fun to join this walking parade," said SOTA 1 parent Heidi Barreyro with her son Drake.
International Walk to School day started 15 years ago.16876698
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract