LA CROSSE, Wis. - A number of area families took advantage of Wednesday's great weather to walk to school.
As part of International Walk to School Day, schools organized groups to walk together. That includes a group from Powell Park to Hamilton and SOTA 1 with Mayor Matt Harter.
It brought a lot of families together who usually don't walk to school. "We're walking today because a group from SOTA and Hamilton are walking together, so we thought it would be fun to join this walking parade," said SOTA 1 parent Heidi Barreyro with her son Drake.
International Walk to School day started 15 years ago.16876698
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion