LA CROSSE, Wis. -- You won't have to travel far to take a trip on the most scenic roadway in the U.S. At least according to the the Huffington Post.
The media outlet has declared the Great River Road Scenic Byway in Wisconsin the prettiest drive in the nation.14288448
The byway follows highway 35 passing through nearly three dozen communities on the 250 mile stretch of road. All of which is along the Mississippi River. "I think it all goes back to the fact that you have this great river right here, and just the idea of the bluffs and the river, it's such a great ride," says Dave Clements from the La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau.
The Great River Road edged out a highway in Hawaii for the title.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.