MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wholesale baking company Hostess Brands Inc., has notified the state it may lay off more than 180 workers in Wisconsin as part of its plan to get out of bankruptcy.
Hostess Brands has filed a notice with the state Department of Workforce Development (DWD). The maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread says it may have to shut down or significantly scale back operations at its plants in nine cities; including Madison, De Pere, Sheboygan, Oshkosh, Brookfield, Greenfield, Wausau, La Crosse and Eau Claire.13011294
A DWD spokesperson tells News 8 21 people are affected at the La Crosse facility.
Hostess says the change may affect about 184 employees in Wisconsin. The company filed for Chapter 11 protection in January, its second trip through bankruptcy court in less than a decade.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration