MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wholesale baking company Hostess Brands Inc., has notified the state it may lay off more than 180 workers in Wisconsin as part of its plan to get out of bankruptcy.
Hostess Brands has filed a notice with the state Department of Workforce Development (DWD). The maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread says it may have to shut down or significantly scale back operations at its plants in nine cities; including Madison, De Pere, Sheboygan, Oshkosh, Brookfield, Greenfield, Wausau, La Crosse and Eau Claire.13011294
A DWD spokesperson tells News 8 21 people are affected at the La Crosse facility.
Hostess says the change may affect about 184 employees in Wisconsin. The company filed for Chapter 11 protection in January, its second trip through bankruptcy court in less than a decade.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse