GRANT COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The man charged with kidnapping a Platteville taxi driver, killing him, and stealing his car is back in court Thursday.
A judge ordered him back to prison without bond for violating his probation.
The criminal complaint says Johnson stabbed Forbes multiple times and put him in the trunk of the car. He drove to La Crosse and led police on a high speed chase before crashing. According to the complaint Johnson admitted to killing Forbes.
Johnson's attorney filed a motion to dismiss some of the charges including homicide.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash