MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Prosecutors have charged one homeless man in the beating death of another in Madison.
Sixty-one-year-old Robert Kuntz died Wednesday night after he was beaten across the street from the state Capitol.
The Dane County medical examiner's office says Kuntz died of blunt force trauma.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports 31-year-old Justin Brooks is charged with first-degree intentional homicide.
Brooks made his initial court appearance Friday. He remains in jail.
Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain says a third homeless man reported seeing Brooks beat the older man. He says the reason for the attack is not yet known.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run