OSSEO, Wis. (WKBT) - Osseo-Fairchild High School's Homecoming game was delayed for two hours Friday night because of a man being chased by police in the area.
The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office says 32-year-old James Lee Johnson did not show police any weapons, but ran when confronted by officers. The game was put on hold with the community's safety in mind.
The game was allowed to begin at 8 p.m. even though the man had not been found.
Authorities say Johnson is 6 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 244 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes.
According to the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department, Johnson is wanted on a felony warrant for weapons violations.
If you see him, you're urged to call 911 and avoid approaching him yourself.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases