OSSEO, Wis. (WKBT) - Osseo-Fairchild High School's Homecoming game was delayed for two hours Friday night because of a man being chased by police in the area.
The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office says 32-year-old James Lee Johnson did not show police any weapons, but ran when confronted by officers. The game was put on hold with the community's safety in mind.
The game was allowed to begin at 8 p.m. even though the man had not been found.
Authorities say Johnson is 6 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 244 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes.
According to the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department, Johnson is wanted on a felony warrant for weapons violations.
If you see him, you're urged to call 911 and avoid approaching him yourself.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans