OSSEO, Wis. (WKBT) - Osseo-Fairchild High School's Homecoming game was delayed for two hours Friday night because of a man being chased by police in the area.
The Trempealeau County Sheriff's Office says 32-year-old James Lee Johnson did not show police any weapons, but ran when confronted by officers. The game was put on hold with the community's safety in mind.
The game was allowed to begin at 8 p.m. even though the man had not been found.
Authorities say Johnson is 6 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 244 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes.
According to the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department, Johnson is wanted on a felony warrant for weapons violations.
If you see him, you're urged to call 911 and avoid approaching him yourself.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest