LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The Holmen man who plead guilty to a fatal hit and run will spend time in prison.
Damien Mracek, 31, crossed the center line on Highway B in the town of Bangor in May, hitting 75 year old Darel Skolos' pick-up truck head on.
Skolos died in the hospital from his injuries.
Mracek ran from the scene, only to turn himself in later.
A La Crosse Co. judge sentenced him Monday to 10 years in prison and 10 years of extended supervision.22922128
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants