LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The Holmen man who plead guilty to a fatal hit and run will spend time in prison.
Damien Mracek, 31, crossed the center line on Highway B in the town of Bangor in May, hitting 75 year old Darel Skolos' pick-up truck head on.
Skolos died in the hospital from his injuries.
Mracek ran from the scene, only to turn himself in later.
A La Crosse Co. judge sentenced him Monday to 10 years in prison and 10 years of extended supervision.22922128
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked