LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Holmen area teen arrested for attempted homicide is facing lesser charges.
19-year-old Xai Vang was back in court Thursday and formally charged with recklessly endangering safety and substantial battery - use of a dangerous weapon.
According to the criminal complaint, an argument between Vang and his mother quickly escalated. Two of his brothers intervened, and Vang sliced one of them with a knife.
The victim's arm was stitched up at a hospital. Vang said everything was an accident.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers