LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Holmen area teen arrested for attempted homicide is facing lesser charges.
19-year-old Xai Vang was back in court Thursday and formally charged with recklessly endangering safety and substantial battery - use of a dangerous weapon.
According to the criminal complaint, an argument between Vang and his mother quickly escalated. Two of his brothers intervened, and Vang sliced one of them with a knife.
The victim's arm was stitched up at a hospital. Vang said everything was an accident.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser