LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hollywood Theater in downtown La Crosse plans to take advantage of the Historic Tax Credit.
Owner Phil Addis says the building was built early enough to qualify, and he plans on beginning the process of applying.
There have bee several delays in what Addis calls a "substantial project," but they are making progress. They have interviewed contractors and people who would take the position of manager when it opens.
"We don't want to start something we can't afford to finish, and that's been one of the biggest delays is you don't want to undertake something and then run out of money part way through," said Owner Phil Addis.
The next step in the project is putting in heating and air, along with electrical.
They hope to be open by the end of this year.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016