LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hollywood Theater in downtown La Crosse plans to take advantage of the Historic Tax Credit.
Owner Phil Addis says the building was built early enough to qualify, and he plans on beginning the process of applying.
There have bee several delays in what Addis calls a "substantial project," but they are making progress. They have interviewed contractors and people who would take the position of manager when it opens.
"We don't want to start something we can't afford to finish, and that's been one of the biggest delays is you don't want to undertake something and then run out of money part way through," said Owner Phil Addis.
The next step in the project is putting in heating and air, along with electrical.
They hope to be open by the end of this year.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter