LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Hollywood Theater in downtown La Crosse plans to take advantage of the Historic Tax Credit.
Owner Phil Addis says the building was built early enough to qualify, and he plans on beginning the process of applying.
There have bee several delays in what Addis calls a "substantial project," but they are making progress. They have interviewed contractors and people who would take the position of manager when it opens.
"We don't want to start something we can't afford to finish, and that's been one of the biggest delays is you don't want to undertake something and then run out of money part way through," said Owner Phil Addis.
The next step in the project is putting in heating and air, along with electrical.
They hope to be open by the end of this year.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting