LA CROSSE, WI - People toured the Hollywood Theater as part of Downtown La Crosse Day on Saturday.
The theater on 5th Avenue remains empty after a small fire in August set back its opening.
The fire caused damage to the marquee, which was custom built to fit the theater. While the damage is pushing back the opening date, Hollywood Theater Co-Owner Steve Addis said some good did come from the fire.
"A good part is that we were able to get more of the electrical and mechanicals up and running," said Addis said. "A bad part is we are kind of stuck until we find out what is going to happen to the marquee and how much more restoration and repairs we need to do."
The Hollywood Theater hopes to open in February of 2014 on Valentine's Day.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers