LA CROSSE, WI - People toured the Hollywood Theater as part of Downtown La Crosse Day on Saturday.
The theater on 5th Avenue remains empty after a small fire in August set back its opening.
The fire caused damage to the marquee, which was custom built to fit the theater. While the damage is pushing back the opening date, Hollywood Theater Co-Owner Steve Addis said some good did come from the fire.
"A good part is that we were able to get more of the electrical and mechanicals up and running," said Addis said. "A bad part is we are kind of stuck until we find out what is going to happen to the marquee and how much more restoration and repairs we need to do."
The Hollywood Theater hopes to open in February of 2014 on Valentine's Day.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016