BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Local veterans are getting a better idea of what benefits are available to them.
The Tomah V.A. medical center teamed up with the Ho-Chunk nation for a Veteran's Benefit Fair in Black River Falls Wednesday.
It was opened to all veterans, and included information on health, education and other programs available to vets.
Organizers say the fairs are important to all veterans, but especially those in the Ho-Chunk Nation. "With these veterans fairs coming in I think they're beginning to connect people with services, names and it's always easier if we can do that," said Sandy Winneshiek from the Ho-Chunk Nation.
28 different agencies were featured at the event.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years