BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - Local veterans are getting a better idea of what benefits are available to them.
The Tomah V.A. medical center teamed up with the Ho-Chunk nation for a Veteran's Benefit Fair in Black River Falls Wednesday.
It was opened to all veterans, and included information on health, education and other programs available to vets.
Organizers say the fairs are important to all veterans, but especially those in the Ho-Chunk Nation. "With these veterans fairs coming in I think they're beginning to connect people with services, names and it's always easier if we can do that," said Sandy Winneshiek from the Ho-Chunk Nation.
28 different agencies were featured at the event.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration