LA CROSSE, Wis. - A hit and run at a major La Crosse intersection is changing how traffic flows.
Early Monday morning, police say a red-colored Chevy hit the traffic lights at the West Ave. and Main St. intersection.
The city's street department tells News 8 the crash caused more then $20,000 worth of damage to the stoplight control cabinet and repair parts won't be in until next week.
Until it's fixed, temporary stop signs have been added and the intersection will function as a four-way stop.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota