LA CROSSE, Wis. - A hit and run at a major La Crosse intersection is changing how traffic flows.
Early Monday morning, police say a red-colored Chevy hit the traffic lights at the West Ave. and Main St. intersection.
The city's street department tells News 8 the crash caused more then $20,000 worth of damage to the stoplight control cabinet and repair parts won't be in until next week.
Until it's fixed, temporary stop signs have been added and the intersection will function as a four-way stop.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse