VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 52-year-old man from Hillsboro was sentenced to four years in prison on Monday as a result of his 10th offense conviction of Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated.
Jeffrey Varnes was arrested by Vernon County sheriff's deputies following a vehicle crash on March 9, 2012 on County Highway V near Beaver Creek Drive in the Township of Greenwood.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said Varnes was also placed on three years of extended supervison and his driver's license was revoked for three years.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse