VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 52-year-old man from Hillsboro was sentenced to four years in prison on Monday as a result of his 10th offense conviction of Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated.
Jeffrey Varnes was arrested by Vernon County sheriff's deputies following a vehicle crash on March 9, 2012 on County Highway V near Beaver Creek Drive in the Township of Greenwood.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said Varnes was also placed on three years of extended supervison and his driver's license was revoked for three years.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing