LA CROSSE, Wis - Highway 16 near Valley View Mal in La Crosse is open to traffic, as of Thursday morning.
The road has been closed between Highway 157 and South Kinney Coulee Road for about a week and a half as crews worked 24-hours a day to replace the aging highway.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says nighttime single lane closures are expected until May 22.
"Last week the contractors working 24 hours a day were able to get more concrete repair done than we had anticipated which allowed the asphalt paving to move up about a week," said Reiny Yahnke, construction project manager.
Updates on the $1.7 million project can be found at www.STH16.blogspot.com.20082536
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race