LA CROSSE, Wis - Highway 16 near Valley View Mal in La Crosse is open to traffic, as of Thursday morning.
The road has been closed between Highway 157 and South Kinney Coulee Road for about a week and a half as crews worked 24-hours a day to replace the aging highway.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says nighttime single lane closures are expected until May 22.
"Last week the contractors working 24 hours a day were able to get more concrete repair done than we had anticipated which allowed the asphalt paving to move up about a week," said Reiny Yahnke, construction project manager.
Updates on the $1.7 million project can be found at www.STH16.blogspot.com.20082536
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure