LA CROSSE, Wis. - A major road construction project by the mall is now underway.
Highway 16 between Highway 157 and South Kinney Coulee Road is now closed for the next two weeks.
The road is 30 years old and the seams in the concrete have separated, some up to a foot wide. Crews are sawing out slabs, breaking up the road and pouring new concrete.
They're working 24-hours a day to replace the road and say it's a big project. "To put it in perspective, the concrete repair requires six miles of concrete sawing and approximately 140 loads of new concrete," said Project Manager Reiny Yahnke.
You can still get to Valley view Mall and the road will be open on weekends.19949512
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests