LA CROSSE, Wis. - A major road construction project by the mall is now underway.
Highway 16 between Highway 157 and South Kinney Coulee Road is now closed for the next two weeks.
The road is 30 years old and the seams in the concrete have separated, some up to a foot wide. Crews are sawing out slabs, breaking up the road and pouring new concrete.
They're working 24-hours a day to replace the road and say it's a big project. "To put it in perspective, the concrete repair requires six miles of concrete sawing and approximately 140 loads of new concrete," said Project Manager Reiny Yahnke.
You can still get to Valley view Mall and the road will be open on weekends.19949512
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather