ONALASKA, Wis. - If you travel on Highway 16 for your morning commute, you may want to leave yourself a little extra travel time..
The stretch between Highway 157 and South Kinney Coulee Road will be closed starting Sunday night through Friday afternoon for the next two weeks.
Traffic will be detoured to Highway 157 and Interstate 90.
Access to the mall will remain open and the road will be open on the weekends.19944482
Crews will work 24 hours a day to replace the road.
The project manager, Reiny Yahnke said traffic delays shouldn't be too long if people plan a different route ahead of time.
"We advise people Monday morning if you're going to work, if you're traveling westbound on Highway 16 to take the detour. Or if you work downtown an appropriate route would be to take exit 3 and go down Highway 35," said Yahnke.
Yahnke said the construction should wrap up in 3 weeks.
For a map of the construction and dates and times of the road closure visit http://www.sth16.blogspot.com/
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday