FOUNTAIN CITY, Wis. - The rising Mississippi River has caused the south, group and island campgrounds to close at Merrick State Park near Fountain City, according to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
The north campgrounds remains open and is not affected by the high water, the DNR said. Park staff hopes to reopen the closed areas by mid-July if the weather cooperates.
Park staff has contacted all campers with reservations in the coming weeks. If you have questions about other campsite availability at the park, call Chris Lake, park ranger at (608) 687-4936.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers