FOUNTAIN CITY, Wis. - The rising Mississippi River has caused the south, group and island campgrounds to close at Merrick State Park near Fountain City, according to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.
The north campgrounds remains open and is not affected by the high water, the DNR said. Park staff hopes to reopen the closed areas by mid-July if the weather cooperates.
Park staff has contacted all campers with reservations in the coming weeks. If you have questions about other campsite availability at the park, call Chris Lake, park ranger at (608) 687-4936.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota