ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - In an unusual sign of support before sending their high school hockey teams off to state, Onalaska students were given permission to spray paint well wishes on a soon-to-be demolished home.
Onalaska High School senior Jenni Tomashek's house on the 100 block of Larkspur Lane was destroyed by a fire back in January. Because of the support the hockey teams gave Jenni and her family the Tomashek's wanted to turn the event into a positive memory.
"It was pretty amazing, like the whole hockey team was behind us too. and was willing to help support us. So I don't know, it's nice having everybody come and turn the house into a positive memory," Tomashek said.
There's a pep rally Wednesday morning at the high school to see both girls and boys hockey teams off to state. The house will be torn down in the next couple of weeks.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion