MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Governor Scott Walker is touring flood damage in southwestern Wisconsin where hundreds of homes have been damaged by heavy rain.
Walker is taking a driving tour of flooded areas in and around Boscobel with Wisconsin Emergency Management and local officials Wednesday afternoon.
The National Weather Service says that since Friday, Boscobel has received more than a foot of rain. Storms with heavy rain continued to pound south central Wisconsin Wednesday, closing roads, stranding cars and flooding basements.
Forecasters say 2 to 4 inches of rain fell early Wednesday from Sun Prairie to Sauk City, closing Highway 23 in Loganville.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Resolution would shift light rail funds to roads, bridges