LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One of La Crosse's parks will benefit from a nationwide program raising money and awareness for local parks.
Myrick Park has been selected for the "Heart Your Park" program put on by Macy's and the National Recreation and Park Association.
Residents can go to Macy's and donate at the register to help support the park and Macy's will match total donations up to $25,000.
All proceeds will go towards maintaining and improving Myrick's trails and playgrounds, something the department says will only benefit the park's guests. "It's one of our bigger parks and obviously it sees a lot of traffic especially with Kids Coulee behind me and the shelters being able to use and people using the trail. So I really think it could benefit from any kind of improvements and people would love to see that in the community I'm sure," said Whitney Croell from the La Crosse Park and Rec Dept.
The program runs until March 31st
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years