LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One of La Crosse's parks will benefit from a nationwide program raising money and awareness for local parks.
Myrick Park has been selected for the "Heart Your Park" program put on by Macy's and the National Recreation and Park Association.
Residents can go to Macy's and donate at the register to help support the park and Macy's will match total donations up to $25,000.
All proceeds will go towards maintaining and improving Myrick's trails and playgrounds, something the department says will only benefit the park's guests. "It's one of our bigger parks and obviously it sees a lot of traffic especially with Kids Coulee behind me and the shelters being able to use and people using the trail. So I really think it could benefit from any kind of improvements and people would love to see that in the community I'm sure," said Whitney Croell from the La Crosse Park and Rec Dept.
The program runs until March 31st
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal