LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One of La Crosse's parks will benefit from a nationwide program raising money and awareness for local parks.
Myrick Park has been selected for the "Heart Your Park" program put on by Macy's and the National Recreation and Park Association.
Residents can go to Macy's and donate at the register to help support the park and Macy's will match total donations up to $25,000.
All proceeds will go towards maintaining and improving Myrick's trails and playgrounds, something the department says will only benefit the park's guests. "It's one of our bigger parks and obviously it sees a lot of traffic especially with Kids Coulee behind me and the shelters being able to use and people using the trail. So I really think it could benefit from any kind of improvements and people would love to see that in the community I'm sure," said Whitney Croell from the La Crosse Park and Rec Dept.
The program runs until March 31st
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016