MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A court hearing is scheduled to consider issues related to lawsuits filed over recall elections targeting nine Wisconsin state senators.
The hearing Wednesday in Dane County circuit court is the first one related to the lawsuits that seek the invalidation of the recalls targeting six Republican and three Democratic state senators.
The attorney for the Government Accountability Board has asked that all the lawsuits be consolidated into one case. The attorney for the three Democrats objects to that.
The consolidation motion may be discussed at Wednesday's hearing before Judge Richard Niess, along with other issues related to the handling of the cases.
Both the Republicans and Democrats argue the GAB should not have allowed the recalls to move forward due to problems with the petitions.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather