MILWAUKEE (AP) - A final pre-trial hearing has been postponed for Kevin D. Kavanaugh, a former associate to Gov. Scott Walker who's accused of embezzling about $42,000 from veteran groups.
The 62-year-old has pleaded not guilty to felony theft and fraud charges. His pre-trial hearing Tuesday morning was rescheduled to Friday. His trial is scheduled to start next month.
Before Walker was elected governor he was the Milwaukee County executive. In that role he appointed Kavanaugh to the county Veterans Service Commission.
Prosecutors say Kavanaugh and another former Walker associate stole donations intended to help military veterans and their families.
Kavanaugh was charged as part of a secret, so-called John Doe investigation into activity in Walker's office. Walker has not been charged and has said he's not a target of the investigation.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration