LA CROSSE, WI - Back to school is just around the corner.
State law requires students to be vaccinated against a number of diseases, including polio, hepatitis B, and whooping cough.
"Schools are a great place for children to spread illnesses, because of dense populations," says Bryany Weigel, a public health nurse with La Crosse County, "it's important for parents to vaccinate their children before they even start school, to protect their child."
A list of the necessary vaccines for all students can be found here.21441430
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable