PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A head-on crash in Prairie du Chien leaves one person dead and four others hospitalized, according to the Prairie du Chien Police Department.
The collision happened at about 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, just inside the Prairie du Chien city limits on the Marquette-Joliet Bridge, which carries Highway 18 between Wisconsin and Iowa.
According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, the driver killed in the crash was traveling westbound in a 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis when she crossed the center line into the eastbound path of a 2005 Dodge Caravan carrying four people.
The name of the driver killed is being held until the family is notified. She is a 73-year-old woman from McGregor, Iowa.
The driver of the Dodge Caravan she crashed into suffered life-threatening injuries and was med-flighted to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse. She is a 43-year-old woman from Prairie du Chien.
A 48-year-old woman from Steuben and two juveniles who were passengers in the Dodge Caravan suffered minor injuries. They were treated at Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is handling the investigation.18031726
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse