PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A head-on crash in Prairie du Chien leaves one person dead and four others hospitalized, according to the Prairie du Chien Police Department.
The collision happened at about 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, just inside the Prairie du Chien city limits on the Marquette-Joliet Bridge, which carries Highway 18 between Wisconsin and Iowa.
According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, the driver killed in the crash was traveling westbound in a 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis when she crossed the center line into the eastbound path of a 2005 Dodge Caravan carrying four people.
The name of the driver killed is being held until the family is notified. She is a 73-year-old woman from McGregor, Iowa.
The driver of the Dodge Caravan she crashed into suffered life-threatening injuries and was med-flighted to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse. She is a 43-year-old woman from Prairie du Chien.
A 48-year-old woman from Steuben and two juveniles who were passengers in the Dodge Caravan suffered minor injuries. They were treated at Prairie du Chien Memorial Hospital.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is handling the investigation.18031726
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse