LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse police say a city maintenance worker found a Browning 9mm handgun while cleaning a storm sewer Friday morning.
The handgun was found in about 6 inches of water at a storm sewer at 11th and Vine Streets. Police say it was unloaded and not in workable condition, police said.
Based on the serial number on the handgun, it does not appear to have been reported stolen, police said. They are still investigating.21658750
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers