LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse police say a city maintenance worker found a Browning 9mm handgun while cleaning a storm sewer Friday morning.
The handgun was found in about 6 inches of water at a storm sewer at 11th and Vine Streets. Police say it was unloaded and not in workable condition, police said.
Based on the serial number on the handgun, it does not appear to have been reported stolen, police said. They are still investigating.21658750
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups