LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Center played host to a unique music festival over the weekend.
The Handbell Musicians of America held their Bi-Annual Festival Conference. More than 400 participants gathered to take classes, play music and listen to performances.
Musicians from Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Manitoba made their way to La Crosse. They hope it's something that can happen more often.
"It's really rare opportunity, a lot of time you have to go to church to hear handbells but they're not just a church instrument so hopefully more of these kind of concerts and stuff can be more common place for years to come," said handbell musician Nicholas Lozinski.
Donations were accepted at the performance with proceeds going to WAFER.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.