LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Center played host to a unique music festival over the weekend.
The Handbell Musicians of America held their Bi-Annual Festival Conference. More than 400 participants gathered to take classes, play music and listen to performances.
Musicians from Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Manitoba made their way to La Crosse. They hope it's something that can happen more often.
"It's really rare opportunity, a lot of time you have to go to church to hear handbells but they're not just a church instrument so hopefully more of these kind of concerts and stuff can be more common place for years to come," said handbell musician Nicholas Lozinski.
Donations were accepted at the performance with proceeds going to WAFER.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington