LA CROSSE, Wis. - The first severe thunderstorm of the season moved through the La Crosse area Tuesday night bringing with it some significant hail.
SLIDESHOW: Pictures from hail storm
It came down in a quick burst for a few minutes, looking almost like snow as it covered the ground.
The hail was anywhere from pea size to quarter size. There's no word on any damage from the storm.
StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Michelle Poedel says a thunderstorm is considered severe when the potential or report of hail is at least 1" or larger; or winds are 58 mph or stronger, which was not the case with this storm.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student