LA CROSSE, Wis. - The first severe thunderstorm of the season moved through the La Crosse area Tuesday night bringing with it some significant hail.
SLIDESHOW: Pictures from hail storm
It came down in a quick burst for a few minutes, looking almost like snow as it covered the ground.
The hail was anywhere from pea size to quarter size. There's no word on any damage from the storm.
StormTeam 8 Meteorologist Michelle Poedel says a thunderstorm is considered severe when the potential or report of hail is at least 1" or larger; or winds are 58 mph or stronger, which was not the case with this storm.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration