VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - Two handguns and an undisclosed amount of cash were stolen from a house on Three Chimney Road west of Highway 14 between Westby and Viroqua, according to the Vernon County Crime Stoppers.
Sometime on Tuesday, May 13, someone burglarized a house and stole a Smith & Wesson .38 revolver handgun and a Ruger 10-22 handgun, according to Crime Stoppers. A possible vehicle involved in the burglary is an older red-colored Chevy or Ford truck.
Vernon County Crime Stoppers, along with the Vernon County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help with this case. If you noticed a suspicious person or vehicle in the area, call the Vernon County Crime Stoppers at (608) 637-8477 or (800) 657-6868.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups