LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Construction on phase one of Gundersen Lutheran's 70 million dollar renewal project started in February last year and is right on schedule.
It's adding a new six story building complete with a new urgent care, ER, and a women's center among other areas.
Gundersen officials say the building should be ready by the end of 2013.
The 400,000 square foot building will also have a helicopter pad on top. "That's going to be a new feature so we'll be able to bring patients in and get them to whatever services they require as expeditiously as possible," says Gundersen Lutheran's Director of Business Services Gary Schmuck.
Wisconsin Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefish joined the tour.13394552
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday