LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Construction on phase one of Gundersen Lutheran's 70 million dollar renewal project started in February last year and is right on schedule.
It's adding a new six story building complete with a new urgent care, ER, and a women's center among other areas.
Gundersen officials say the building should be ready by the end of 2013.
The 400,000 square foot building will also have a helicopter pad on top. "That's going to be a new feature so we'll be able to bring patients in and get them to whatever services they require as expeditiously as possible," says Gundersen Lutheran's Director of Business Services Gary Schmuck.
Wisconsin Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefish joined the tour.13394552
- Washout impacting Highway 82 bridge traffic
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Milwaukee man accused of killing wife, injuring their son
- Authorities: Girl hurt in 60-foot fall at Iowa state park
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold