LA CROSSE, Wis. - A donation from Gundersen Lutheran is helping WAFER food pantry get assistance to people in need.
Gundersen is donating 10 laptops to La Crosse County. The medical center is updating its computers, and instead of throwing out the old ones they are donating them.19329962
The computers will be set up at WAFER, the county building and Gundersen as a resource for people to apply for food assistance online. "While they are there for other resources, if we know that they are in need of other public benefits, the volunteers or the organization can say we have these other things available for you, they can sit right there, on the computer and apply for those benefits," said Tricia Wavra from the county.
Over the years, Gundersen has donated more than 700 computers to schools, churches, and other organizations in the area.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.