ELKHORN, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say a gun was fired during an altercation between a Walworth County sheriff's deputy and a patient prisoner at an Elkhorn hospital.
Aurora Healthcare spokesman Adam Beeson says the incident in a room at Lakeland Hospital Monday night was isolated. He says it was not an active shooter scenario. Beeson would not say if the patient was struck, citing privacy concerns.
WISN-TV reports the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident at the request of the Walworth County sheriff.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks