ELKHORN, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say a gun was fired during an altercation between a Walworth County sheriff's deputy and a patient prisoner at an Elkhorn hospital.
Aurora Healthcare spokesman Adam Beeson says the incident in a room at Lakeland Hospital Monday night was isolated. He says it was not an active shooter scenario. Beeson would not say if the patient was struck, citing privacy concerns.
WISN-TV reports the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department is investigating the incident at the request of the Walworth County sheriff.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.