MILWAUKEE (AP) - The Milwaukee urban farmer who is nationally known for his nonprofit, Growing Power, will speak at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee next week.
The title of Will Allen's talk next Wednesday is "Farm to Fork: The Good Food Revolution."
Growing Power is a nonprofit organization that promotes sustainable farming methods.
Chancellor Michael Lovell is also expected to speak, among others.
The event, which is free and open to the public, is at the Golda Meir Library.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers