LA CROSSE, Wis. - A group calling themselves the Restore La Crosse Committee submitted more than 250 signatures Friday to recall City Council President Audrey Kader.
That's 100 more than the 158 required for a recall. The group is unhappy with the entire council who they say has become divisive and unresponsive to the community.
They are targeting Kader because she is the council president and say one issue stands out.17451874
"Most importantly because she took away the committee of the whole and the ability of the people to address their city council," said Greg Luce, a member of the Restore La Crosse Community.
Kader says she's not surprised the group was able to collect enough signatures but she is disappointed. She says she will do everything she can to keep her seat and the recall a waste of time.
"It's a ridiculous waste of time not only on my part but the part of the election office, the clerk's office and other people who'll be involved now," Kader said.
Kader 10 days to review the petitions and decide if she wants to challenge. If not, the clerk has 14 days to examine the petition. The Common Council then orders a special election.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser