LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Religious groups continue their opposition to President Obama's health care plan.
They held a "Stand Up for Religious Freedom" rally in La Crosse Friday. Similar rallies happened across the country.14754244
The groups specifically oppose the mandate that requires employers, including churches, to offer birth control and abortion inducing drugs. "To mandate that we purchase and pay for something that we find morally unconscionable is against our first amendment rights of freedom of religion and freedom to exercise that religion, not just to worship," says rally captain Elizabeth Garibaldi.
The rally coincides with the 223rd anniversary of the introduction of the Bill of Rights which of course includes the first amendment.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns