LA CROSSE, Wis.-- Religious groups continue their opposition to President Obama's health care plan.
They held a "Stand Up for Religious Freedom" rally in La Crosse Friday. Similar rallies happened across the country.14754244
The groups specifically oppose the mandate that requires employers, including churches, to offer birth control and abortion inducing drugs. "To mandate that we purchase and pay for something that we find morally unconscionable is against our first amendment rights of freedom of religion and freedom to exercise that religion, not just to worship," says rally captain Elizabeth Garibaldi.
The rally coincides with the 223rd anniversary of the introduction of the Bill of Rights which of course includes the first amendment.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice