LA CROSSE, Wis. - Just how bad is the homeless problem in our community? That was the topic of a meeting held by the La Crosse Homeless Coalition Tuesday.
The group is made up of local agencies and community members that work with the homeless. They want to educate and find solutions to the problem.
Tuesday, they were letting community leaders and other members know about the scope of the problem here. "Often times people might think, or the community at large isn't really aware of the level of the problem in our community so we want our local leaders to understand, our community members to understand what exactly is going on with homelessness in this area and how it impacts our community," said Kim Cable from the Homeless Coalition.
Among those in attendance were city and county board members, and the mayor of La Crosse.20727710
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls