LA CROSSE, Wis. - Just how bad is the homeless problem in our community? That was the topic of a meeting held by the La Crosse Homeless Coalition Tuesday.
The group is made up of local agencies and community members that work with the homeless. They want to educate and find solutions to the problem.
Tuesday, they were letting community leaders and other members know about the scope of the problem here. "Often times people might think, or the community at large isn't really aware of the level of the problem in our community so we want our local leaders to understand, our community members to understand what exactly is going on with homelessness in this area and how it impacts our community," said Kim Cable from the Homeless Coalition.
Among those in attendance were city and county board members, and the mayor of La Crosse.20727710
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?