LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Green Island Ice Arena will be a cool place to hang out this year.
A new partnership is keeping the ice arena open all year long.
The city of La Crosse made a one year agreement with La Crosse Hockey Incorporated.
The organization is picking up the tab for the extra hours and staff necessary to run the arena. "It also will not have a negative impact on our current users as they will all retain their ice time along with the ice fees, so the fees won't be raised either," said Jay Odegaard with the La Crosse Park and Rec Department.
Some clubs, youth camps, and leagues have already expressed interest in the added time.
The agreement is good through March 31-st of next year..
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers