LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Green Island Ice Arena will be a cool place to hang out this year.
A new partnership is keeping the ice arena open all year long.
The city of La Crosse made a one year agreement with La Crosse Hockey Incorporated.
The organization is picking up the tab for the extra hours and staff necessary to run the arena. "It also will not have a negative impact on our current users as they will all retain their ice time along with the ice fees, so the fees won't be raised either," said Jay Odegaard with the La Crosse Park and Rec Department.
Some clubs, youth camps, and leagues have already expressed interest in the added time.
The agreement is good through March 31-st of next year..
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016