GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - One of the Green Bay Packers most popular players gets a special tribute.
The City Council Tuesday night voted unanimously to rename a downtown street "Donald Driver Way." The wide receiver retired last month after spending 14 seasons with the Packers. Driver is also recognized for his off-the-field charity work.
Driver retired after catching 743 passes for 10,137 yards after making the team as a seventh-round draft pick out of Alcorn State in 1999.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks