GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - One of the Green Bay Packers most popular players gets a special tribute.
The City Council Tuesday night voted unanimously to rename a downtown street "Donald Driver Way." The wide receiver retired last month after spending 14 seasons with the Packers. Driver is also recognized for his off-the-field charity work.
Driver retired after catching 743 passes for 10,137 yards after making the team as a seventh-round draft pick out of Alcorn State in 1999.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race