People gathered in Stoddard to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Great River Road, which runs along Highway 35.
Members of the community, along with state and local leaders met to celebrate the positive impact it's had on the communities along the road.
The scenic drive draws tourists in from all over the country. Organizers say the Great River Road plays an extremely important role in the health of the communities it passes.
Friday also kicked off of the River Rummage Sale, which is a 70-mile garage sale in communities along the Great River Road.20198024
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.