People gathered in Stoddard to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Great River Road, which runs along Highway 35.
Members of the community, along with state and local leaders met to celebrate the positive impact it's had on the communities along the road.
The scenic drive draws tourists in from all over the country. Organizers say the Great River Road plays an extremely important role in the health of the communities it passes.
Friday also kicked off of the River Rummage Sale, which is a 70-mile garage sale in communities along the Great River Road.20198024
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building