LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - For the first time in the events history, the Great River Folk Fest is being held at Riverside Park in La Crosse.
In years past, it was held on the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse's campus.
Although it's a new location, the event organizers are sticking to its roots. Now in its 39th year of celebration, the festival continues to offer children's activities, traditional arts and crafts, specialty food and music.
"It's an incredible event where these artists get a chance to play with each other, they do round robins during the day and at night they will do mini concerts," said Dave Schipper, chairfest of Great River Folk Fest.
All of the events are under big tents so you don't have to worry about the weather. The event continues Sunday starting at 10:00 a.m.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest