CASHTON, WI - Wisconsin's Governor joined in Thursday on one community's celebration of a big grant.
The Department of Transportation awarded Cashton a $1.4 million grant for road improvements. Specifically, it's helping traffic flow for the hundreds of trucks and cars that visit Organic Valley's distribution plant everyday.
On top of that, it's allowing the company to create 200 new jobs. "Particularly in a rural area, like we have here around the town of Cashton, it's incredibly important anywhere around the state, but particularly in our rural areas to make sure there's more job opportunities," said Governor Scott Walker.
The grant will also help Organic Valley retain 138 jobs.22625160
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests