CASHTON, WI - Wisconsin's Governor joined in Thursday on one community's celebration of a big grant.
The Department of Transportation awarded Cashton a $1.4 million grant for road improvements. Specifically, it's helping traffic flow for the hundreds of trucks and cars that visit Organic Valley's distribution plant everyday.
On top of that, it's allowing the company to create 200 new jobs. "Particularly in a rural area, like we have here around the town of Cashton, it's incredibly important anywhere around the state, but particularly in our rural areas to make sure there's more job opportunities," said Governor Scott Walker.
The grant will also help Organic Valley retain 138 jobs.22625160
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East