LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some area grade school students spent the Friday in College.
240 students from 21 different school districts took part in "Kids' College" at UW-La Crosse.
They had a chance to pick from a number of classes they might be interested in.
Students were taught by college students and professors and even our own New8's Jennifer Livingston and photojournalist Rob Born.
The event was not only a day off for the kids from their regular coursework, but a chance for the students to think about their future.
"We just want them to think about higher education, maybe someday they will want to go to college and join in on these activities after high school and of course we would love to have them here at UW-L," said UW-L's Youth Program Coord. Karen Deschepper.
This is the 15th year UW-L has hosted "Kids' College."
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- AP Exclusive: Drugs vanish at some VA hospitals
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Milwaukee police arrest man in family member's killing
- 5 people wounded in Ames shooting that involved officers