LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker makes a stop in La Crosse Friday.
He visited Davey Engineering Company, an environmental consulting firm, on 6th Street near downtown.
While on his visit Governor Walker toured its facilities and met with its employees. The Governor said businesses like Davey Engineering are crucial to Wisconsin's economy.
"I think a good example of companies we're trying to highlight are companies that are not just themselves doing well but helping communities all across the state deal with infrastructure projects and other products that are helping grow the state of Wisconsin," said Governor Walker.
Davy Engineering in La Crosse employs more than 50 people including chemists, biologists, and engineers.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.