LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker makes a stop in La Crosse Friday.
He visited Davey Engineering Company, an environmental consulting firm, on 6th Street near downtown.
While on his visit Governor Walker toured its facilities and met with its employees. The Governor said businesses like Davey Engineering are crucial to Wisconsin's economy.
"I think a good example of companies we're trying to highlight are companies that are not just themselves doing well but helping communities all across the state deal with infrastructure projects and other products that are helping grow the state of Wisconsin," said Governor Walker.
Davy Engineering in La Crosse employs more than 50 people including chemists, biologists, and engineers.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery