LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker makes a stop in La Crosse Friday.
He visited Davey Engineering Company, an environmental consulting firm, on 6th Street near downtown.
While on his visit Governor Walker toured its facilities and met with its employees. The Governor said businesses like Davey Engineering are crucial to Wisconsin's economy.
"I think a good example of companies we're trying to highlight are companies that are not just themselves doing well but helping communities all across the state deal with infrastructure projects and other products that are helping grow the state of Wisconsin," said Governor Walker.
Davy Engineering in La Crosse employs more than 50 people including chemists, biologists, and engineers.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls