LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The French Island rest stop is going to get a facelift if the state gets its way.
Governor Scott Walker made the announcement Wednesday.
The New rest area will replace the one that opened in 1977 along Interstate 90. It will be built in 2016, the same time as work is scheduled to be done on the road.
Walker says the new rest area will continue to provide space for state and local tourism departments.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers