LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The French Island rest stop is going to get a facelift if the state gets its way.
Governor Scott Walker made the announcement Wednesday.
The New rest area will replace the one that opened in 1977 along Interstate 90. It will be built in 2016, the same time as work is scheduled to be done on the road.
Walker says the new rest area will continue to provide space for state and local tourism departments.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery